We can use showmount command to show NFS shares on the NFS Server using NFSv3 protocol. IMPORTANT NOTE: showmount can be used to show NFS shares only if you are using rpcbind .
The nfsiostat command is used on the NFS client to check its performance when communicating with the NFS server.
How do I find my NFS folder?
You need to use the showmount command to see mount information for an NFS server. This command queries the mount daemon on a remote nfs host (netapp or unix nfs server) for information about the state of the NFS server on that machine.
How do I check NFS access?
How to Check the NFS Server Remotely
- Check that the NFS services have started on the NFS server by typing the following command: …
- Check that the server’s nfsd processes are responding. …
- Check that the server’s mountd is responding, by typing the following command. …
- Check the local autofs service if it is being used:
Select Programs and Features. Select Turn Windows Features on or off. Select Services for NFS. Select the check box Client for NFS and click OK.
Network File Sharing (NFS) is a protocol that allows you to share directories and files with other Linux clients over a network. … An NFS file share is mounted on a client machine, making it available just like folders the user created locally.
How use Showmount command in Linux?
showmount command shows information about an NFS server. This information is maintained by the mountd server on the host. The default value for the host is the value returned by the hostname.
showmount Command Options.
|-h, –help||Provide a short help summary.|
|–no-headers||Do not print headers.|
How do I access NFS server?
Network File System (NFS): Mount an NFS Share on Windows
- Make sure that the NFS Client is installed. Open a Powershell command prompt. Run the appropriate command for your situation: …
- Mount the share using the following command, after making the required modifications: mount -o anon nfs.share.server.name:/share-name X:
How do I check NFS server status?
Verifying that NFS is running (Linux and UNIX)
- AIX® operating systems: Type the following command on each computer: lssrc -g nfs The Status field for NFS processes should indicate active . …
- Linux® operating systems: Type the following command on each computer: showmount -e hostname.